Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Thoughts on the Book

At first I was more or less uncaring about this book as it would be my final book to read for this book blog assignment. I chose this book because it would be a relatively easy read as I knew what the story was about for the most part. Upon reading it however, I became entranced by the story line as it shows the changes of both society in 18th century France and the changes in the people of the story (namely Carton). The character of Carton was one of my favorites of this story after I finished it because he showed how his life to him never leads up to anything until he made the choice to sacrifice himself. His character also makes the point that no one is ever unimportant as his final action lead to the salvation of an entire family. Overall I liked the book and found it very insightful to the changing times of the era it was set in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment